Religious Education Vision
Our children will learn about and from religions and worldviews in Cheshire, the United Kingdom and the world. They will be presented with thought provoking and challenging questions about meaning and purpose in life, beliefs about God, ultimate reality, issues of life and death, issues of right and wrong and what it means to be human. Our children will also be encouraged to consider the value of wisdom from different sources, to develop and express their insights in response, and to agree or disagree respectfully. In addition, they will be given the opportunity to explore the role and significance of religion in our society and the important beliefs and values that shape the world today. We also feel that it is important for our children to be given the opportunity and confidence to develop their own views and feelings regarding world religions and to express these respectfully and develop clear reasons for these. They will also be encouraged and expected to listen and consider the views, thoughts and feelings of others.
Our Religious Education Curriculum ensures all our pupils:
- Have the knowledge and understanding of different world religions
- Can describe, explain, evaluate and analyse beliefs and practices of the world religions
- Are given a safe and secure environment to challenge prejudices and misconceptions
- Are supported in their own search for meaning and purpose in life
- Are tolerant and respectful for themselves and others
- Celebrate diversity in society
- find out about and investigate key concepts and questions of belonging, meaning, purpose and truth, responding creatively;
- Can explain their personal beliefs, ideas, values and experiences while respecting the right of others to differ.
- Communicate their thoughts, feelings, knowledge and understanding using a range of strategies