Here is to a fabulous, fun-filled 4 weeks!
Dear Parents and Children,
Miss Buckley and I hope that you are all looking forward to returning to school. We have lots of nice activities planned, with regular opportunities to chat just in case you are feeling anxious about anything, and of course, there will be plenty of time for you to play with your friends.
Over the next four weeks, we will be revisiting some areas covered during the autumn term and this lockdown, as well as carrying out tasks that will help us to identify areas for development. This will allow us to focus on these areas during the summer term.
Reading, Times Tables and Spelling:
- We know that people are very busy with all sorts of commitments, but we would be very grateful if you could continue to listen to your child read as often as you can. Please sign their reading record and any written feedback is always welcome.
- The children can also practice their times tables on Times Table Rockstars. Certificates for achievements in this area are awarded by Mr Parish in our virtual assemblies. All children should have their login in details stuck into their reading records. This same password enables them to log onto Numbots.
- The children can also spend time practicing spellings from the year 1 and 2 word list. These words are used on a daily basis in writing across the curriculum. See the file in Downloads for a list of the words.
We will have PE on a Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, so as mentioned in Mr Parish’s email; children are to come to school in an outdoor PE kit on both of these days. We will be outside for PE lessons, unless the weather is too harsh.
- Please ensure that all children have a water bottle with them each day, as there are no spare cups in our classroom.
- Also, as we are to limit close contact with the children, we ask again that the children do not wear laced shoes if they are unable to tie them.
- No cash can be accepted for snacks. They will need to be ordered online, in advance.
If you have any questions, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will answer any questions you may have as best I can, or leave at message with the office and one of us will phone you back at the next available opportunity.
Miss O’ Donovan & Miss Buckley