Millfields Primary School and Nursery aspires to provide an education where children are taught the skills to develop a lifelong love of learning. Through developing curiosity, creativity and resilience, we empower our children to become ambitious learners who are able to work independently, are empathetic and supportive of others and have the self-belief needed for a successful future.
At Millfields Primary School and Nursery, we believe that learning should be exciting, purposeful and challenging. Our school aims to inspire and prepare every child to have high expectations of themselves. We will achieve this through providing a creative and challenging curriculum which motivates and encourages all children to reach their potential.
We want all our children to be happy, confident and inquisitive learners.
Our Pledge to Our Children
Whilst you attend our school you will have the opportunity to…
Visit an art gallery. Visit a library. Visit places of worship.
Meet children from other schools.
Experience outdoor learning. Experience camping outside.
Experience a residential trip.
Watch a professional sporting event. Watch a live performance or concert.
Perform in front of an audience.
Visit an historical place. Visit local places of interest. Visit a theatre.
Develop an awareness of current affairs.
Meet a person/people who can widen your understanding of the world and inspire you.
Contribute to a charity through taking part in events at school.
Experience different cultures and festivals. Experience a train ride.
Visit the seaside.
Together as a learning community, we aim to-
- Provide a curriculum that develops the whole child so that they are equipped and prepared for their secondary education and their future beyond that.
- Inspire each child to achieve their full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
- Excite learners and encourage them to challenge themselves to be ambitious and motivated to take risks through a wide variety of experiences.
- Nurture individuals to accept and celebrate differences in a safe environment and through a curriculum that promotes kindness, empathy and respect.
- Achieve a learning culture and community that delivers a broad and balanced curriculum filled with rich first hand and purposeful experiences using local, national and international links.
- Support each child’s emotional wellbeing so that they can talk openly about their feelings with confidence.
- Achieve a culture where critical thinking is valued and develops inquisitive, resilient learners.
- Encourage pupils to be responsible British citizens for the future who can actively contribute to a diverse society.
- Promote lifelong learning for all members of the school community through high quality professional development for all staff and by developing a learning culture throughout the school.
- Include all members of the school community, pupils, parents, governors and staff, in the process of development not only of themselves but also of the school itself.
For further information on the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 & 2, visit: