Our curriculum aims to inspire our children’s curiosity and fascination about the world and its people. It is also designed to equip our children with the knowledge of places, people, resources and processes, while ensuring the children are challenged and excited by their lessons. During KS1 the children will learn about the world, the United Kingdom, Cheshire and Nantwich, allowing them to develop a love and understanding about their local environment. As they progress through KS2 the children will extend their knowledge and understanding to include Europe, North and South America.
Our Geography curriculum ensures all our pupils:
- Develop an understanding of globally significant places, including their physical and human characteristics
- Are given the opportunity to conduct first-hand observations and fieldwork
- Can collect, analyse and communicate data gathered during fieldwork
- Can interpret maps, diagrams, globes, aerial photographs and GIS
- Can communicate geographical information through maps, numerical and quantitative skills and writing
- Have a good understanding of physical and human features and why these develop