Here is to another half term of smiles, laughter and learning.
Dear Parents and Children,
Miss Buckley and I hope that you all had a lovely week off and got a chance to enjoy the blue skies and sunshine! We have lots of interesting activities planned for you that will keep us all ‘busy as bees’ for the rest of our summer term.
During the remaining weeks in this term, we will be doing activities involving writing, reading, maths, DT, art, geography, IT and science, while developing our athletic skills in preparation for Sports' Day.
Reading, Times Tables and Spelling:
- We understand that people are very busy with all sorts of commitments, but we would be very grateful if you could continue to listen to your child read as often as you can. Please sign your child's reading record and any written feedback is always welcome.
- The children can also practice their times tables on Times Table Rock Stars. All children should have their login in details stuck into their reading records. This same password enables them to log onto Numbots. I can provide another copy of password, if needed.
- The children can also spend time practicing spellings from the year 1 and 2 word list. These words are used on a daily basis in writing across the curriculum. See the file in Downloads for a list of the words. There are also some spelling websites suggested on our year two home learning page that can be accessed at any point.
We will continue to have PE on a Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, so as previously done, children are to come to school in an outdoor PE kit on both of these days. We will be outside for PE lessons, unless the weather is too harsh.
- Please ensure that all children have a water bottle with them each day, especially important as the weather improves! Unfortunately, there are no spare cups in our classroom.
- As the current forecast predicts very warm weather, can you please make sure that your child has applied sun cream before they come to school. They can reapply more themselves during the day if needed. Please label their sun cream to avoid mix-ups.
- Also, as we are to limit close contact with the children, we ask again that the children do not wear laced shoes if they are unable to tie them.
- Please ensure that you request any 'paid for' snacks via the office email@example.com to avoid your child being disappointed. More than always, we have fruit available for the children during our morning break, unless the delivery has not arrived on a particular day.
Thank you for all that you do - it is very much appreciated.
Miss O' Donovan and Miss Buckley